UPCOMING EVENTS – Jefferson County Community Rights Coalition
JCCRC – General Assembly and Work group scheduled meetings
2014 CRC EVENTS and Meetings Calendar
The General Assembly meetings of Jefferson County Community Rights Coalition – are open to ALL FRIENDS. All GA meetings held on Saturday mornings and start at 10:00 AM and run until noon. The next 4 General Assemblies are:
Saturday, July 12th
Saturday, July 26th
Saturday, August 9th
Saturday, August 23
PAST MEETING DATES
Saturday – May 3, 2014
Saturday – May 17, 2014
Saturday – May 31, 2014
Saturday – June 7, 2014
Saturday – February 8th, 2014
Saturday – February 22, 2014
Saturday – March – 8th, 2014
Saturday – March 22nd, 2014
Please join us at Quimper Unitarian Universalist Fellowship hall – 2333 San Juan Avenue Port Townsend, WA
The JCCRC Study group meets on Tuesday Nights at 5:30 PM at the Quimper Unitarian Universalist Fellowship hall.
2013 Meeting schedule for CRC General Assembly and Study Groups
The General Assembly meetings of Jefferson County Community Rights Coalition – are open to all friends. The next 4 General Assemblies are:
- Saturday – September 14th and 28th
- Saturday – October 12th and 26th
- NOVEMBER 2, 16 AND 30
- DECEMBER 14 AND 28
- JANUARY 11 AND 25
All meetings will be 9:30 AM to 11:30 am at Quimper Unitarian Universalist Fellowship hall – 2333 San Juan Avenue Port Townsend, WA
The JCCRC Study group meets on Tuesday Nights at 5:30 PM at the Quimper Unitarian Universalist Fellowship hall. September 3rd meeting is cancelled.
- The Chartering Work Group will meet 6:00 PM – Wednesday, September 4th, Tri-Area Center, Chimacum – We need volunteers to confirm activities and help finalize literature.
- BALLOT INITIATIVE I-522 TASK FORCE – will focus on educating people on Ballot Initiative – I-522 “The People’s Right To Know Genetically Engineered Food Act” which will be on the November ballot. Meeting times and place:
Two organizational training sessions have been scheduled in the Fellowship Hall at the Quimper Universalist Unitarian Fellowship (QUUF), 2333 San Juan Avenue, Port Townsend, WA 98368: September 4th 2:30 PM, and September 6th 8:00 AM
- Community Bill of Rights sub-committee continues to meet.
- Consensus group training has begun
September and October 2013
GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE CRC MEETINGS FOR SEPTEMBER:
Quimper Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (2333 San Juan Ave) Port Townsend, WA – 9:30AM-11:30AM
- SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 14
- SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 28
- SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12
- SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26
CRC STUDY GROUP– Tuesdays 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM- QUUF in the Loft (September 3rd meeting is cancelled)
BILL OF RIGHTS TASK FORCE -Thursdays 5:30-7PM-Port Townsend Community Center
NEXT HOME RULE CHARTER CAMPAIGN STRATEGY MEETING: 6:00 PM – Wednesday, September 4th, Tri-Area Center, Chimacum – We need volunteers to confirm activities and help finalize literature.
Freeholder candidate forums – SEPTEMBER and early OCTOBER 2013
- September 4th – Home Rule Strategy Meeting Wednesday, September 4th Tri-area center, Chimacum 6:00 PM
- September 4th and 6th – I-522 Label GMO’s workgroup- Quimper Universalist Unitarian Fellowship (QUUF) 2333 San Juan Avenue, Port Townsend, WA September 4th at 2:30 PM and September 6th at 8:00 PM
- September 7th – Civil disobedience training, Sat. Sept. 7th at QUUF, 10-6p.m. Not a CRC sponsored event- but of interest to many members
- September 9th – District 3 Freeholder candidate forum – Sponsored by the Brinnon Boosters 7pm – 9pm 151 Corey lane, Brinnon, WA (1 block so of the fire dept.)
- September 24th – District 3 Freeholder candidate forum – Quilcene community center, Quilcene, WA 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM. (Just south of town on right) Sponsored by the Republican Caucus.
- September 26th – District 2 Freeholder Candidate Forum – Tri Area Community Center, Chimacum, WA 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM- sponsored by Community Rights Coalition of Jefferson County and paid for by Yes! On Home Rule Ballot Committee
- October 2nd – District 2 Freeholder Candidate Forum – Tri area Community Center, Chimacum, WA 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM- sponsored by Community Rights Coalition of Jefferson County and paid for by Yes! On Home Rule Ballot Committee
- October 8, Tuesday, Noon – Home Rule Charter – Proposition 1 Forum Pro and Con – Rotary- Port Townsend Maritime Center
- October 8, Tuesday, District 1 Freeholder candidates forum, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM – Port Townsend Community Center, 620 Tyler St Port Townsend, WA 98368-sponsored by Community Rights Coalition of Jefferson County and paid for by Yes! On Home Rule Ballot Committee
- October 9 Wednesday- Information on Prop 1- Forum sponsored by Chimacum Grange 6;30, sponsored by Chimacum Grange, 9572 Rhody Dr, Chimacum, WA 98325
- October 10, Thursday, District 3 Candidates Fair, 6:30 Port Ludlow Bay Club, – Port Ludlow Bay Club- Republican Party of Jefferson County sponsored
August 28th – Home Rule Charter strategy meeting – 6:00 PM, Tri-Area Center, Chimacum, WA
August 26th Through September 20, 2013
FILM SERIES HIGHLIGHTING GMO ISSUE COMES TO PORT TOWNSEND -Free Film Series on GMO issues comes to Port Townsend. Just in time to support the I-522 Statewide initative to label GMO’s, the film series starts on August 26th. The Film series is organized by Local 20/20 and co-sponsored by several other community organizations including The Community Rights Coalition of Jefferson County.
This provocative film series shines a light on what has happened in the past two decades to our global food system. You will learn how to make food choices that will keep you healthy, help our local famers stay viable, and protect nature’s ecosystems.
Here is a film series schedule These are at 7:00 PM:
The World According to Monsanto-
- 8/26 Quimper Unitarian
- 8/28 Quimper Grange
- 8/29 Quilcene Community Ctr
- 8/30 Chimacum Grange
Seeds of Death-
- 9/2-Quimper Unitarian
- 9/4 Quimper Grange
- 9/5 Quilcene Community Ctr.
- 9/6 Chimacum Grange
Genetic Roulette-The Gamble of our Lives
- 9/9 Quimper Unitarian
- 9/11 Quimper Grange (coincides with Howard Vlieger’s visit)
- 9/12 Quilcene Community Ctr.
- 9/13 Chimacum Grange
Seeds of Freedom
- 9/12 Quilcene Community Cr.
- 9/16 Quimper Unitarian
- 9/18 Quimper Grange
- 9/20 Chimacum Grange
This film is part of the PT Film Festival Weekend:
- 9/21 9:30 PM at the Rose Theatre
- 9/ 22 6:15 PM at the Peter Simpson Free Cinema
With the exception of “GMO OMG,” all the films have been provided for free in collaboration with Meaningful Movies of Seattle with help from the Food Co-op, Local 20/20, the Rose Theatre, Port Townsend Film Festival, the Quimper and Chimacum Granges, Jefferson County Farm to School Coalition, Quimper Unitarian Universalist Fellowship’s Green Sanctuary Committee and the Community Rights Coalition of Jefferson County.
Although all of these films are free, donations at the door are welcome.
July 4th – Yes On I-522 will be part of the 4th of July Parade in Port Angeles, WA
* No alcoholic beverages in area or parade.
53 Yes on I522 t-shirts were purchased! We will have limited supplies of a few additional shirts (5-L and 5 XL), that can be purchased for $20.
Let us play and sup together and meet in person- A real community builder and fun time.
Please bring a dish to share, your own plate or bowl and eating utensils and your own drink.The group has no budget for the picnic so we will provide by sharing. The venue is available thanks to Doug and Nancy Milholland. Thank you Doug and Nancy!
PLEASE, BRING YOUR INSTRUMENTS AND YOUR VOICES AND GAMES, IF YOU WISH- INVITE A FRIEND OR FRIENDS
- NO FRAGRANCES BECAUSE SOME COMMUNITY MEMBERS HAVE DIRE ALLERGY PROBLEMS
- NO SHOES INSIDE-PLEASE,BRING SOX IF YOU DON’T WANT TO GO BAREFOOT
- HELP: IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED IF SOME FOLKS COME AT 3PM TO HELP SET UP AND SOME STAY AFTER TO CLEAN UP.
For more information CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
JULY 30th– Tuesday – Home Rule Charter petition turned in to Jefferson County Auditor for validation – 9:00 AM – Jefferson County Courthouse. All are welcomed to attend.
Home Rule Chartering Workgroup presents information to the Jefferson County Board of Commissioners at 9:00 AM at the Jefferson County Courthouse. If you support our efforts please show up at the BOC Monday mornings. Your support is greatly needed.
June 29th – Regular CRC General Assembly Meeting – Special Speaker – Phil Johnson, Jefferson County commissioner will speak about the Salmon Net Pens issue. 9:30 AM Location: Quimper Unitarian Universalist Fellowship hall – 2333 San Juan Avenue Port Townsend, Wa
- May 17th –Jefferson County Farm Survey 2012 Report, and Jefferson Land Trust stories about creative solutions for preservation of working farmland Quimper Unitarian Universalist Fellowship hall. 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- May 25th – Millions Against Monsanto March – 10:45 AM at the corner of E. Front and E. 1st Street in Port Angeles. Those who want to carpool from Port Townsend – meet at 8:30 AM at the Park-n-Ride lot near Safeway in Port Townsend. The rally in Port Angeles will take place at the corner triangle of E. Front Street and E. 1st Ave in Port Angeles. Convene in the McDonald’s parking lot. There are signs already made, or bring your own. This is a world-wide effort! You can read more about the world-wide effort here: Over 155 cities from around the world are participating. Wow!!! –https://www.facebook.com/events/135262089980846/?ref=22 OR http://occupy-monsanto.com
- May 30th – (Thur), 7:00 PM, Quimper Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 2333 San Juan Ave., Port Townsend Free documentary screening of “Bidder 70”
“Bidder 70” centers on an extraordinary, ingenious and effective act of civil disobedience demanding government and industry accountability. In 2008, University of Utah economics student and Unitarian Universalist Tim DeChristopher disrupted a highly disputed Bureau of Land Management oil and gas auction by bidding in the name of climate justice. The film follows DeChristopher, Bidder #70, from college student to incarcerated felon. He bid millions of dollars he didn’t have to save thousands of pristine acres of land surrounding U.S. National Parks that were slated for oil and gas leases.
According to ScreenDaily, this is “a film everyone needs to see, even if you think you’re well-informed about political issues, environmentalism, and global climate change.” More info about the film:www.bidder70film.com Presented by the QUUF Green Sanctuary Committee. Admission is by donation. Free onsite childcare is provided. An RSVP is helpful, but walk-ins are welcome. Contact Helen Kolff at 360-379-4858.
June 1 – Community Rights Coalition of Jefferson County General Assembly – Open to all friends – 9:30 AM at Quimper Unitarian Universalist Fellowship hall – 2333 San Juan Avenue Port Townsend, WA
- June 7th and 8th – Democracy School led by members of the Community and Environmental Legal Defense Fund (CELDF)- The Daniel Pennock Democracy Schools are a key piece of our community organizing. Named for a boy in Pennsylvania who died after exposure to sewage sludge, the Democracy Schools will be a two-day intensive seminars that examine how communities across the U.S. are beginning to assert local control to protect the rights of their residents, their communities, and nature. Cost is $150 and some scholarships are available. Those who wish to attend need to contact O’Neill Louchard ASAP. This event is almost full.
- June 23, 2013 – “Salmon Confidential” – 11:00 AM Free Showing at the Rose Theatre in Port Townsend, Washington – Salmon Confidential is a shocking new documentary film about the cover-up about what is killing wild salmon in the Pacific Northwest. In-depth investigation of the effect salmon pens are having on spreading a virus to wild salmon and what we can do about it. Don’t miss this FREE film showing. Sponsored by the Community Rights Coalition of Jefferson county, WA, Green Fleet, Port Townsend Film Institute, Puget Sound Anglers/Port Townsend, and Move to Amend/Port Townsend. www.salmonaresacred.org