General Information, minutes, newsletter links and links of interest about the General Assembly of the Community Rights Coalition of Jefferson County
As Frederick Douglass, a leader of the abolitionist movement and former slave, said way back in 1857, …..
“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the roar of its many waters. …Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. …Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.” (Canandaigua, N.Y., 3 August 1857)
ABOUT THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Here you will find information, times and places of meetings, meeting minutes and actions of the General Assembly of the Community Rights Coalition of Jefferson county. Below are active links to the GA Minutes by month
GA MEETING TIMES AND PLACES AND MINTUES 2014
The General Assembly meetings of Jefferson County Community Rights Coalition – are open to all friends – All meetings are held at the Quimper Unitarian Universalist Fellowship – Saturday Mornings 10:00 AM to Noon every other week. The address: 2333 San Juan Ave, Port Townsend – unless noted otherwise. The CRC study group meets Tuesdays at 5:30 PM at The Quimper Unitarian Universalist Fellowship 2333 San Juan Ave, Port Townsend, WA.
GA MEETING MINUTES – January 2014
GA Meeting Times and Place 2013
The General Assembly meetings of Jefferson County Community Rights Coalition – are open to all friends – All meetings are held at the Quimper Unitarian Universalist Fellowship – Saturday Mornings 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM – address: 2333 San Juan Ave, Port Townsend – unless noted otherwise
GA MEETINGS DECEMBER 2013
GA MEETINGS NOVEMBER 2013
November 17, 2013
November 30, 2013
GA MEETINGS OCTOBER 2013
October 12th, 2013
October 26th, 2013
GA MEETINGS SEPTEMBER 2013
September 14, 2013
Agenda items include: Consensus training, Home Rule Charter taskforce update, Bill of Rights taskforce update, Report on Move to Amend, Report on Draw the Line project
September 28th 2013
GA MEETINGS AUGUST 2013
August 10th, 2013
Agenda items include:
- Update on the Community Bill of Rights process from the Community Bill of Rights taskforce.
- Update on the Home Rule Charter progress including a report back on a well attended Freeholder and Home Rule information meeting held on Wednesday, August 7th at the Tri-Area Center in Chimacum.
- Next steps for the finding qualified Freeholders who will create a charter that will bring the right to Initiative and referendum to the people of this county, include a bare-bones Bill of Rights into the initial charter, and create an initial charter that will be easily pass by the voters in future. Strategy for helping the charter and freeholder process to pass this November 5th.
- The Home Rule Charter taskforce will be at the Jefferson County Fair this next weekend.
- Other agenda items may be added
August 24th, 2013
Agenda items include: Updates from each of the workgroups:
- Community Bill of Rights
- Study Group
- Home Rule Charter Taskforce
- Sponsorship of the film series on GMO’s and in support of I-522
- Other projects
GA MEETINGS JULY 2013
July 13th, 2013 – Special speaker will be Phil Johnson, Jefferson County Commissioner. He will be giving an update on the Salmon Net Pens issue. He will speak at the beginning of the meeting. The regular meeting of the GA will occur after his talk.
July 20th, 2013 – CRC First Annual Summer Picnic
July 27th, 2013 – CRC GA meeting – We will be entertaining new proposals, getting updates on the Home Rule Chartering initiative, learning about the Community Bill of Rights project, and hearing from the study group. Update on I-522 GMO labeling action.
GA MEETINGS – June 2013
Meetings in June –
June 1st, 2013 – hear updates on various projects including Chartering the County, Democracy School, webgroup update, Food Policy project of the Citizens for Local Food and several other CCRC supported projects!
June 15th, 2013
June 29th 9:30 AM – Agenda items:
- the creation of a Community Rights Ordinance
- update from the study group
- and involvement with I-522 GMO labeling initiative, and other projects.
GA Minutes – 2012 and 2013
- GA Minutes 2012
- GA Minutes 2013 January 2013
- GA Minutes 2013 – February 2013
- GA Minutes 2013 – March 2013
- GA Minutes 2013 – April 2013
- GA Minutes 2013 – May 2013
- GA Minutes 2013 – June 2013
- GA Minutes 2013 – July 2013
- GA Minutes 2013 – August 2013
- GA Minutes 2013 – September 2013
- GA Minutes 2013 – October 2013
- GA Minutes 2013 – November 2013
- GA Minutes 2013 – December 2013
CRC Newsletter – Published by Matt Ready as updates to process – THANK YOU MATT!