The General Assembly of the Community Rights Coalition of Jefferson county will meet August 10th, 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM at the Quimper Unitarian Universalist Fellowship in Port Townsend, Washington … 2333 San Juan Avenue. We meet every two weeks. All Friends are welcomed to attend.
AGENDA ITEMS INCLUDE:
- Update on the Community Bill of Rights process from the Community Bill of Rights taskforce.
- Update on the Home Rule Charter progress including a report back on a well attended Freeholder and Home Rule information meeting held on Wednesday, August 7th at the Tri-Area Center in Chimacum.
- Next steps for the finding qualified Freeholders who will create a charter that will bring the right to Initiative and referendum to the people of this county, include a bare-bones Bill of Rights into the initial charter, and create an initial charter that will be easily pass by the voters in future. Strategy for helping the charter and freeholder process to pass this November 5th.
- The Home Rule Charter taskforce will be at the Jefferson County Fair this next weekend.
- Other agenda items may be added
Other CRC working group meetings you might want to attend:
- Study Group – Every Tuesday 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM at the QUUF
- Community Bill of Rights taskforce – Thursdays – 5:30 to 7:00 PM at the Port Townsend Community Center.
- Charter Taskforce – Contact Val Phimister Meetings are held at irregular times depending on the projects in motion. – Looking for boots on the ground members – this is not a study group.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING COMMUNITY MEETINGS:
Charter information meeting to be presented by the County for potential Freeholders: MONDAY AUGUST 12th at 6:00PM in the Superior Court at the County court house. If this changes, we will let you know.