On July 4th members of the Community Rights Coalition of Jefferson County will join members of GAG (GMO Awareness Group of the Northern Olympic Peninsula) as part of a contingent of people who are supporting the Washington State initiative to label all GMO foods. The 1-522 Just Label it initiative will be voted on this fall. Help us get the word out! The parade is the annual 4th of July Clallam county/Port Angeles 4th of July community parade
Here is Beverly Goldie’s (GAG coordinator) invitation and directions to the parade.
“Come join us July 4th as we walk the parade route, sharing information about GMO’s and I-522 in Port Angeles, Washington. We will hold signs, pass on information cards, smile and wave at the crowd. A very cool, painted reformed school bus will accompany us. Our GAG banner will precede our entry. Here are the details:
* Parade begins at 6pm.
* Staging area Clallam County Courthouse 4th St & Peabody St, enter from Peabody only, time based on position ( 5:00 PM to 5:45 pm) we will know the exact time a few days before the parade.
* Only participants and parade vehicle can be at this location.
* Non-parade vehicles must park in Vern Burton Gym parking lot, south side, in front of City Hall on 5th St.
* Route will be West on 4th to Lincoln, North on Lincoln to First, West on First to Valley, South to 3rd or 4th before disbanding. (about 11 blocks)
* Animals are welcome but you must provide clean-up as needed.
* No alcoholic beverages in area or parade.
53 Yes on I522 t-shirts were purchased! We will have limited supplies of a few additional shirts (5-L 5 XL), that can be purchased for $20.
Hope to see you all there!
GMO Awareness Group Facilitator